Tuesday, August 3, 2010 at 4:48PM
This is an amazingly easy and fast recipe that brings out the best this time of year has to offer!
- 1 fresh baguette, sliced into rounds
- 1-2 fresh whole tomatoes, diced
- 1-2 cloves of garlic sliced paper thin
- 1 spring of fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 spring parsley, chopped
- 2T olive oil plus some for brushing
- 2T fresh grated Parmesan
- salt and pepper to taste
- This is super easy - cut up the tomato and add it, chopped oregano, chopped parsley, olive oil, salt and pepper to a mixing bowl and stir.
- On a medium grill place the lightly oiled slices of baguette, oiled side down.
- Brush the top with oiled as well and cook until they just start to brown (2 minutes).
- Flip the baguette slices, place the garlic slices on them, top with a spoonful of the tomato mixture and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Close the grill lid and let cook for 2 minutes (until bottom just turns brown)
- Remove and serve HOT!
You may find it easier to oil both sides before you place them on the grill - that's fine just don't overdo it!
Microformatting by hRecipe.