Updates from around the farmstead:
- #farmerandy shares his Big Buck story of dispair,
- We put the veggie patch to bed with compost and the rototiller,
- Pigs moved to a new section of pasture,
- Pig pasture maintenance and seeding on the old pasture,
- From the pasture to the plate we talk about canning chicken in the pressure cooker,
- Final sales of year and the risk to cash flow
In the CoopCast community:
- We talk about cooking a heritage turkey (http://www.localharvest.org/features/heritage-turkey-recipes.jsp),
- A listener who didn’t know he could raise his chickens on pasture,
- Some general listener feedback items from Facebook, iTunes and Stitcher.
In the news:
- We talk about a non-functioning pair of oxen in Vermont and what should happen with them:
Foolow the links on the left to the full podcast feed!